The Advanced Storage System Workshop(ADSS) is dedicated to discussion of the
theory and the experience of storage system.
2nd ADSS will be held to provide a forum for researchers from United States and Japan to come together to discuss and exchange new research, tools and practices as well as to identify new issue and possible direction for future research and development work on storage system.
We are delighted to announce that we have been able to invite five
world famous researchers of storage systems from the U.S.A. and Japan
as invited speakers of the ADSS2005
|13:40 - 14:00
- "Overview and Progress of the CREST Advanced Storage System Project"
Prof. Haruo Yokota (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
|14:00 - 15:00
||Invited Talk 1
"FAB: a reliable, distributed storage system"
Dr. Arif Merchant
|15:00 - 15:20
|15:20 - 16:00
- "Adaptive Overwrapped Declustering Method for Balancing Loads with Considering the Space Utilization and Availability of Autonomous Disks"
Akitsugu Watanabe, Haruo Yokota (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- "Logical data migration for online software updates in Autonomous Disks"
Dai Kobayashi, Haruo Yokota (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
|16:00 - 16:20
|16:20 - 17:20
||Invited Talk 2
Prof. Greg Ganger
|17:20 - 18:20
- "Relative fitness models for storage"
Mike Mesnier, Brandon Salmon, Matthew Wachs, Greg Ganger
( Carnegie Mellon University )
- "Preserving filesystem namespace locality in object-based storage"
Raja R. Sambasivan, James Hendricks, Shafeeq Sinnamohideen, Greg Ganger
( Carnegie Mellon University )
|09:30 - 10:30
- "Neighbor WAL protocol in Autonomous Disk System"
Xiangyong Ouyang, Haruo Yokota (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- "A Concurrency Control Method Marking SMO Occurrence in a Parallel Btree Structure"
Tomohiro Yoshihara, Dai Kobayashi, Akitsugu Watanabe, Haruo
Yokota (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- "COBALT: Combination of Btree and Linked-list Transfer to Balance Access Loads and Amount of Distributed Objects with Version Management"
Mana Nakano, Dai Kobayashi, Akitsugu Watanabe(Tokyo Institute of Technology),
Toshihiro Uehara, Ryo Taguchi(Japan Broadcasting Corporation), Haruo Yokota(Tokyo Institute of Technology)
|10:30 - 10:50
|10:50 - 11:50
||Invited Talk 3
"iSCSI: Past, Present, Future"
Prof. Robert Russell
|11:50 - 13:30
|13:30 - 14:30
||Invited Talk 4
"Cluster Computing and Storage Area Network
- from their advent to current topics - "
Prof. Masato Oguchi (Ochanomizu University )
|14:30 - 14:50
|14:50 - 15:50
- "Feasibility study of an Autonomous Disk Prototype"
Mitsuhiko Ohta ( Fujitsu Limited )
- "Self-supervisor, diagnosis, restoration technology of HDD"
Arata Ejiri ( Fujitsu Limited )
- "Distributed Storage System Control using Power and Temperature Information":
Seiji Toda ( Fujitsu Limited )
|15:50 - 17:10
- "Progress report: Management of diverse media using network of
Shunsuke Uemura ( Nara Institute of Science and Technology )
- "Main Memory Storage Supporting Query Processing "
Jun Miyazaki ( Nara Institute of Science and Technology )
- "Parallel processing of XML data using autonomous disks"
Toshiyuki Amagasa, Kentaro Kido, Hiroyuki Kitagawa ( University of Tsukuba)
- "Simulation and Performance Evaluation for a Widely Distributed
Storage System Using Autonomous Disks"
Tsutomu Fujiwara, Jun MIyazaki, Shunsuke Uemura ( Nara Institute of Science and Technology )
|17:10 - 17:20
|17:20 - 18:00
- "A Survey of Distributed file system"
Koji Sonoda ( Hitachi, Ltd.)
- "Knowledge Store: Large-scale Knowledge Resources Storing System"
Takashi Kobayashi, Haruo Yokota ( Tokyo Institute of Technology )
|18:00 - 19:00
||Invited Talk 5
"Cyber Infrastructure for Information Explosion Era"
Prof. Masaru Kitsuregawa ( Universtity of Tokyo)